Monday 9 May 2011

Question 3

3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?

 
Audience feedback to me was very important as it allowed me to look at my work in a critical way, taking peoples comments and feedback into consideration to improve on my music video. I realised how people may notice the smallest detail that may not have crossed my mind, as feedback was quiet interesting from coming from a Varity of different age groups and gender. While the sixteen plus students gave more mature, thoughtful feedback, I found the year 9 feedback more useful as they didn’t think to much into it and didn’t try to come with clever comments, they pinpointed simple details that would make a difference on how I looked at my production.


I have received audience feed back, on three basic, the use of a questionnaire which I emailed to people. Verbal live feedback from a year nine class as they watched the video (me being covert at the back jotting notes) and my teacher and class feedback, after I presented my idea, narrative and production to them.







The first audience feedback was from my media class, and were very critical of my first story narrative, concept of stop motion. The idea of my music video, in the audience view seems unpractical and complex – more of a creative art of film production then a music video. My class commented that there is no focus on artist and not a clear story line. This was very effective as I come to take the criticism on board and completely changed my concept and narrative.

After I have produced by video, I have conducted audience feedback research out of the circle of my media class, feedback from people that did not go through the process of film production, therefore would be highly critical and would compare our video to real media productions and would therefore certain features in it.

Audience from the same age group of me gave positive comments about the creativity, and professionalism of the video. Most people commented on the washed out quality of the film –and certain shots that I have taken that had added edge and originality to my video. I had no critical comment from the age group between 16-20.
It appreciated positive comments that showed I had put a lot of thought and effort into my production, however I wanted someone to point of the flaws which I could Clearly see and others that I couldn’t. The media GCSE year 9 classes did just that. They commented on the parts that dragged for a long time, and other shots that made the “watchers a bit dizzy”. There comments were genuine and helpful, and I took them aboard.

I would have like to get public feedback; from YouTube users for example however our video was only just posted on the site.




thia is our pitch that was presented to our media class and teacher in which we recieved feedback.



A2 Music video Pitch Group 2 from Sidney Stringer on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment